WE WORK HARD & PLAY HARD…SERIOUSLY!
We believe in taking the time to find the right fit is paramount. Think about what you’re looking for in a great career, explore our website and research our history to get a feel for the Zazou vibe.
We are excited to discover new team members
Perks at Zazou
Medical & Dental
- After 6 months of employment you are eligible for extended health benefits. ZAZOU pays for a portion of these..
Monthly Social Events
- We believe that building friendships at work encourages a strong culture and makes coming to work everyday enjoyable!
- To help you get to know your Team we host monthly social events like bowling, brewery tours, local hikes, eating tours, beach days, etc.
- Team fun days –We’ve gone to the horse races, played pitch & putt, gone to casinos, went white water rafting, partied on boat cruises, etc.
Unlimited Vacation & Flexible Schedule
- Flexible schedule (work 4 days get 3 off…you tell us!)
- Vacations are encouraged – so many companies say you’re only allowed 2 weeks vacation…we have no restrictions (except December – Black out month!)
Career Growth Opportunities Competitive Wages & Education
- Zazou has industry leading wages
- Ongoing education/travel incentives (in house, out of house and abroad). Check out some of our trips on our blog!
- Zazou as a business contributes over $20,000 annually towards furthering our stylists’ education.
- As a stylist you will receive the highest level of training which is well recognised within the industry so you are able to provide your guests with the most cutting edge hair, scalp and skincare treatments.
- Chance to compete in National Hair Competitions such as Contessa and Mirror Awards
- Opportunity to become a mentor to our apprentices and work with Personal Assistants to grow your skillset, clientele, and expertise.
- Become a Brand Ambassador: We partner with environmentally conscious brands: Davines, La Biosthetique, Aveda, Wella, and Aria Beauty.
- Coaching & feedback – Through monthly 1-on-1’s. Always an open door policy
- This could be a good spot to link to the Growth Paths
- After 6 months of employment you are eligible to a corporate Trevor Linden Club 16/She’s Fit gym membership.
- ZAZOU pays for half of your monthly membership dues available at the North Vancouver Location and across the Lower Mainland
Culture of Appreciation & Creativity
- MOP’s – Most Outstanding Player Awards – For team members that demonstrate great KPI’s (such as guest retention, prebooking, etc.), represent the Zazou culture, and live our mission, vision, and values.
- What do you win? A weekend away with your fellow MOP’s, along with some fantastic product prizes, there’s been weekends away, horseback riding, fishing tours…lots of cool things!
- Check out some of our past trips!
- Kudos – We have a ‘kudos’ box to give a shout out!
- Testimonials – On Facebook, Google, New Client Surveys & Yelp
- Voted Favourite Hair Salon many times by North Shore Reader’s Choice and Outlook
- North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce Winner for Community Contribution
- Contests – Past trips won for outstanding achievement have included trips to Italy, France, LA, Miami, Germany, Vegas, New York, Lisbon, Iceland… just to name a few.
- Team Retreats! For our 25th Anniversary our team is taking a weekend away for a retreat we can’t wait for
- Christmas parties – Fantastic food & booze on Zazou at top notch restaurants in Vancouver (dancing is usually involved)
Staff Referral Program
- Retail Product Credits – up to $500 in value
- Spa Days – up to $500 in value
- Paid time off – woo hoo!