WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF ZAZOU
GROW • CREATE • HAVE FUN
WE LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FEEL BEAUTIFUL
We’re a fun loving crazy group of people
We're changing the world one head of hair at a time
WE WORK HARD & PLAY HARD…SERIOUSLY!
If you are looking for a team environment with support and flexibility with your lifestyle, come join our family!
Find Your Perfect Job here
Most Outstanding Players
I am Gazi. I am proud to be a part of the Zazou Team. I have chosen Zazou because Zazou has a great atmosphere to work in. I am looking forward to doing your hair and making you happy!
I’m Lindsey. I am a proud team member of Zazou because not only do I get to come to work and do what I love, but I also get to surround myself with people who inspire me.
I am from Sarnia, Ontario and I have received my education from a variety of places including: Sarnia, Windsor, England, Germany, and France. I chose Zazou because the values match mine!
Hi! I’m Jacqui – I chose Zazou initially for my own education and I have stayed because I love the team!
Hi! My name is Natasha and I have been a part of the Zazou family since October 2008. I love my job in every aspect. I chose Zazou because it’s the best salon on the North Shore and I can’t wait to meet you!
Hello my name is Deva! I chose Zazou because of the environmental awareness of the company.
Hi! I’m Kerry – Zazou gives me the perfect setting to do what I love doing. With their ongoing support and education program, I’ve been able to get to where I am today!
We are committed to brands that produce environmentally sustainable products which exceed quality expectations. Sourcing natural organic product wherever possible is our mandate and we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction.
Starting at $15.50/hr
$15.75 – $16/hr
$16.50 – $18/hr
Concierge / Salon Manager
$38,000 – $50,000+/yr
Up to $24,480 /yr
Up to $39,168/yr
Up to $43,085/hr
Up to $64,620/yr
Up to $100,000+/yr
Not including tips
*Juniors work part-time while completing apprenticeship
The curriculum is continually evolving and adapting to trends while surpassing the highest industry standards.
Students receive free in-house education in house and paid apprenticeships to hone their skills.
Colour Skills / Junior Cutter & Personal Assistant
Junior Stylist & Personal Assistant
Perks at Zazou
Medical & Dental
- After 6 months of employment you are eligible for extended health benefits. ZAZOU pays for a portion of these..
Monthly Social Events
- We believe that building friendships at work encourages a strong culture and makes coming to work everyday enjoyable!
- To help you get to know your Team we host monthly social events like bowling, brewery tours, local hikes, eating tours, beach days, etc.
- Team fun days –We’ve gone to the horse races, played pitch & putt, gone to casinos, went white water rafting, partied on boat cruises, etc.
Unlimited Vacation & Flexible Schedule
- Flexible schedule (work 4 days get 3 off…you tell us!)
- Vacations are encouraged – so many companies say you’re only allowed 2 weeks vacation…we have no restrictions (except December – Black out month!)
Career Growth Opportunities Competitive Wages & Education
- Zazou has industry leading wages
- Ongoing education/travel incentives (in house, out of house and abroad). Check out some of our trips on our blog!
- Zazou as a business contributes over $20,000 annually towards furthering our stylists’ education.
- As a stylist you will receive the highest level of training which is well recognised within the industry so you are able to provide your guests with the most cutting edge hair, scalp and skincare treatments.
- Chance to compete in National Hair Competitions such as Contessa and Mirror Awards
- Opportunity to become a mentor to our apprentices and work with Personal Assistants to grow your skillset, clientele, and expertise.
- Become a Brand Ambassador: We partner with environmentally conscious brands: Davines, La Biosthetique, Aveda, Wella, and Aria Beauty.
- Coaching & feedback – Through monthly 1-on-1’s. Always an open door policy
- This could be a good spot to link to the Growth Paths
- After 6 months of employment you are eligible to a corporate Trevor Linden Club 16/She’s Fit gym membership.
- ZAZOU pays for half of your monthly membership dues available at the North Vancouver Location and across the Lower Mainland
Culture of Appreciation & Creativity
- MOP’s – Most Outstanding Player Awards – For team members that demonstrate great KPI’s (such as guest retention, prebooking, etc.), represent the Zazou culture, and live our mission, vision, and values.
- What do you win? A weekend away with your fellow MOP’s, along with some fantastic product prizes, there’s been weekends away, horseback riding, fishing tours…lots of cool things!
- Check out some of our past trips!
- Kudos – We have a ‘kudos’ box to give a shout out!
- Testimonials – On Facebook, Google, New Client Surveys & Yelp
- Voted Favourite Hair Salon many times by North Shore Reader’s Choice and Outlook
- North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce Winner for Community Contribution
- Contests – Past trips won for outstanding achievement have included trips to Italy, France, LA, Miami, Germany, Vegas, New York, Lisbon, Iceland… just to name a few.
- Team Retreats! For our 25th Anniversary our team is taking a weekend away for a retreat we can’t wait for
- Christmas parties – Fantastic food & booze on Zazou at top notch restaurants in Vancouver (dancing is usually involved)
Staff Referral Program
- Retail Product Credits – up to $500 in value
- Spa Days – up to $500 in value
- Paid time off – woo hoo!
Find Your Perfect Job here